Since it’s summer already and I badly need a break, I packed my things, called some friends and off we go to La Union!
To be honest, it was a very sudden trip. I originally planned to go somewhere cold and cozy. But then again, going solo in a cold land might be worse for my current state. So instead, we went to the “Boracay of the North”. It was an all-girls trip that turned out to be an “awesome threesome” vacation since my bestfriend SailorStarCatcher brought her boyfie and I played the third wheel. GRRRR!!! Thank goodness this guy is also “kalog” like me OR ELSE… I’ll throw him to our first stop in the tour! (Just kidding!!!).
Why La Union? La Union (aka “Elyu”) is known for its beaches, food, and rich culture. It’s a place you can go to if you want to chill, get a tan, surf, go trekking, or just fall in love… with nature, that is! Hehehe…
Well, there are already so many information all over the internet about the places I visited. So, I just prepared here a video of our trip since if I write down everything it might take hours for you to finish my post. Though, please excuse my video because it’s actually my first time to create one. 🙂
Also, I have something new for you guys! My very own La Union challenge…
THE GREAT ELYU CHALLENGE!
10. Find the Halo-Halo de Iloko and enjoy its goodness. (Done)
9. Attend the mass at Namacpacan Church.
8. Lock your love with your special someone at Baluarte Watch Tower.
7. Make a new friend at Thunderbird Resort.
6. Take a jump shot with friends at the Man-Made Forest. (Done)
5. Visit the Poro Poro Point Lighthouse at night.
4. Count the stairway steps climbing to Macho Temple.
3. Ride on top of the jeep going to Tangadan Falls.
2. Sit on the “iconic throne” at Stone Hand Art Gallery. ( I did this one! See the video)
1. Learn to surf at San Juan Beach.
I thought of these challenges after the trip so yes, I know… I wasn’t able to do all of them! *sighs* But, at least I was able to do some. Hehehe… Anyway, I’m so glad we availed the tour from Happy Wheels Travel & Tours. We had so much fun during our vacation and we found new friends as well. Ka-Poks, you know who you are guys… thanks for the pictures and memories! Let’s have another trip?
Definitely, I’d love to go back to ELYU again. Not just to chase away my blues, but because going there will surely be an unforgettable adventure!